Wednesday, January 3, 2018

MAYBELLINE’S BABY SKIN PORE ERASER – BABY SMOOTH SKIN (A Review)

Before the year 2017 ended, I have received one of my wishlist – a PRIMER!! Women who loves to wear make up knows that it is one of the the most important thing you must put on your face before putting any make up. I usually skip this method until I have watched several Youtube tutorial and they’ve poured me with “PRIMER IS A MUST”. I cried. LOL. I have never tried any primer bafore, so this is my first time. My sister gave me a Maybelline’s baby skin pore eraser. She bought it at watsons with me at a price of Php 250.00 for a 22ml. (Why are primers so pricey? Huhu)

maybelline baby skin pore erasermaybelline baby skin pore eraser01


PACKAGING:

   I like how cute it looks with its bluish/greenish tube conatainer. In it’s packaging, it includes instruction and they claimed that its secret iingredient is the cherry extracts.

maybelline baby skin pore eraser02

It Claimed To Give You:

  • PORELESS SMOOTH SKIN
  •  LIGHTWEIGHT FEELING
  • SKIN IS SHIN FREE AND EVEN ALL DAY
  • and it’s BREATHABLE


What’s Inside?

As you can see in the photo below, it has this thick and translucent gel consistency. Smells like a baby powder and when I started putting it in my skin, it felt very smooth same as putting some oil in your skin but it’s NOT oily and sticky. It has a powdery feeling while I’m gently rubbing it in my skin. I’m amazed.

Note: As they said with primers – a little goes a long way. And this primer does.


maybelline baby skin pore eraser consistency

The TRIAL

To start of, here is my face without putting
anything yet. I have a combination skin and
discoloration plus an acne scars if you look closer.

My face becomes oily easily and I’m hoping the
primer would help with this matter.
I also sweat easily, so let’s see…



maybelline baby skin pore eraser trial


Photo below is after I have put on foundation. I used my Loreal Infallible matte foundation (wrong foundation, I should’ve not used a matte finish. For a dry and combination skin – it created lumps hehe) It also looks whiter because I became darker when we were on a vacation lol.

maybelline baby skin pore eraser trial01
This is my make-up look during new year’s eve. I’m done putting make up by 9:30 pm.
If you look closer, you can see my face started to become oily on the forehead, a little on the nose and
on the cheeks. I think it’s been only 30 minutes when we took the photo.

maybelline baby skin pore eraser trial02

Update:

Photo below is after we took photoshoot. It’s just an hour past. It’s 10:30 in the evening. We’re just inside our house with an airconditioned room.
I already looked haggard and looks like my sweat moved my foundation on my forehead (note that I didn’t swipe off any sweat during that time). I also started to look pale, maybe because my foundation is not my skin tone anymore.

maybelline baby skin pore eraser update
(Photo from my canon dSLR)  
maybelline baby skin pore eraser update01
 (Photo from my Vivo V5 Phone)


Verdict:

Based on my first experience with the Maybelline’s Baby Skin Pore Eraser, I did love how it felt on my skin when you gently rub it on your face because it did have a smooth finish. I didn’t see much effects on my make-up staying longer because like my usual make ups, in just an hour, I looked like I have done an exercise haha!

I am not closing my judgment with the Maybelline’s baby skin for this is just the first trial. I have to test it for several times because this also happens to me first time trying their fit me concealer (but I LOVE THEM NOW) or maybe I just have put up the wrong foundation for my type of skin. I should try a dewy finish foundation next time.

Let me know what you think on the primer I used below!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!





Tags: HMN8.1

No comments:

Post a Comment